The First Evah Hollywood Gamer Podcast Show. The Navin Interview: Whatever Happened to Painted Figs?
Click Here For Navin Interview
Click Here For Navin Interview
But first to answer, in one place, a bunch of questions that I have been receiving.
Ok so a lot has happened, and I have received a bunch of questions through twitter and email since the birth of the idea for the Hollywood Gamer Podcast Show.
- First. There is no falling out between Russ and Craig and I. I look forward to the very next show I can be on. The closest show is definitely show 100 and may be earlier depending on the rotating 3rd chair schedule. I see myself as just going off to make a solo guitar album while the D6G band still tours.
- Why my own show? I realized after I decided to step down that although I do not want to podcast at 3-4 hours a week, I do still love podcasting. So, I thought hey, this is a chance for me to do all the things creative and entrepreneurial that I was unable to do for a variety of reasons with the D6G.
- What is The Hollywood Gamer Podcast Show?
· I imagine it to be a blend between a talk show and an interview show.
· It is designed to last one hour MAX. It is designed to fit that itch of gaming interest where one may not have the 4 hours for a D6G episode.
· I imagine 8-9 shows a year. Shows - not an ongoing podcast. Approx. 1 show a month with a built in “holiday” of 3 months.
· It is designed to compliment the D6G episodes. Where the D6G reviews and discusses the new game hotness, interviews the new game’s designer and all things “this year” in gaming. I plan to talk any game or other HD item of interest via Raef’s Round Table style. I want to talk to game designers, game insiders, game store merchants, and talk comics, videos, and anything else gamers do or talk about.
· It is designed to be ad free. I personally dislike ads. That is not to say ads are bad or not a good source of revenue, I just do not like watching them myself. So I do not want my show to have them, BUT I believe in paying myself for the show. Ie. I do not watch “The Walking Dead on T.V. (ad supported). I buy it though Zune on xbox (viewer supported). I do want to have corporate and listener sponsorship. And hey sponsorship is and ad too, I get it. But to me, I can take those as a listener/ watcher. I believe we gamers should support what we like ourselves by paying up when needed. That is just me.
· Why pay per click episodes? See above, I wanted to have it both corporate and listener supported. I did not need or want a huge listener base. A big listener base will still be very complimentary to my ego. J Hey, I already have done that with the D6G, I want to do something new. I thought I could build a small but loyal listener base. And….a pay per click/show is almost never done. That was appealing to me. Could I be the ONE that made it happen. You see, I use to play the Sisters of Battle in 40K when they were just a list in a White Dwarf. No one played them. Everyone told me not to play them if I wanted to be competitive. They were not viable, and some would say, were not viable even after a few codices. I still played them, I was like: “No! I can make them win!” Well, I could not. I am sure others could, but not me. I lost and lost and lost. Ah….hubris. Well I wimped out. No pay per click/ show. This time I am going to listen to the advice of others.
4. So…it is not pay per click/show then? Nope. And to be honest it’s sort of a relief. After listening back to the Navin interview, I wanted all gamers to hear it….and business students….and the guy down the street…and whomever the freak wants to. And, who knows where it will go?
5. So how do I get this show of yours? Well for now, you have to go to my blog or click this link. Since I had the show set up for pay per click that is the podcast host and method I chose. I will see about making the show port into iTunes and other podcast catchers directly for upcoming shows.
So, that is my story. I hope you enjoy the Navin Interview and a new show format set in a plethora of gaming podcast show goodness.
Raef “Hollywood” Granger.