Monday, May 14, 2012

Diablo III, Documentaries, and Drawers....

Hey There:

So as always, a bunch of a heck of stuff is going on.

First, my Documentary, known as the JimmyJango Project.  A bunch of interested folks have been pouring in with submissions.  It is very exciting.  Several people have offered technical help with cameras, and shooting, and production with post production which is really exciting for me.

Therefore, due to the help being offered above and due to my idea that I had for a second documentary, (yeah, yeah I know I have not even made one yet, and I am thinking of a second, but hey I think big what can I say)....I am going to combine my two ideas into one AND aim for shooting the documentary for this GENCON!!

On that note, I am going to be launching a Kickstarter campaign very soon in order to be ready for this GenCon Phase I.  Phase II, can be raised later, whereby I want to travel back to each of the "characters" home towns and hobby "dens".  I just think that is more interesting that "just" filming people with the backdrop of the convention.  So, by having the camera options available now (thanks Steven, Brandon, and Dave!) footage for GenCon is now easier and more affordable to obtain.

So needless to say, I am very excited on these new docu developments.  Remember, May 30th 2012 is the deadline for written submissions for auditions to be in the film.  Speaking of auditions, some people have raised the issue or concern that people may not want to submit audition tape as they feel they may not be the quintessential Larper, CCGer, Cosplayer, RPer, Minigamer, or Boardgamer and have thus been afraid to submit an audition.  This is a good issue or concern that I would like to go over now.  I am not looking for the quintessential gamer that epitomizes all gamerdome for the genre; I am looking for the right person to tell the story.  So do not be afraid!  The only thing to fear is fear itself, so submit away.  [Interesting Easter Egg on that quote btw] - that was my high school yearbook quote, can anyone figure out why?

More info, I will soon be moving to a true dedicated web presence for JimmyJango.  Stay tuned for that.

Diablo III.  So, I have never played any of the Diablo games, and I must say I am psyched to be trying it out.  It's funny because I have played all blizzard games including Lost Vikings.  God I loved that game.  I guess I am going to play a Monk, but only cause that is new and I don't know any better.  Maybe I will want to smash and be a barbarian.  Your thoughts?

Drawers.  Having coffee with David Petersen of MouseGuard was really cool.  I will admit, I was a bit star struck, which is weird cause David is just a normal cool guy.  Trust me when I say, hanging out with him just feels like your good ole gaming/ comic buddy friend.  We talked MouseGuard, and TMNT, and Artists we liked, and what it is really like going to Cons as the artist and such.  Very cool.  Check out the two interviews on the Podcast:  The Hollywood G.P.S on iTunes.  David Petersen Part I and Part II.  FYI, I also changed podcast hosts so right now there are two streams on iTunes.  I tried merging the two, but I got confused on the tech side and just made a new one.  All that really means is:  my behind the scenes stats and comments will be in two places and there are two streams, but oh well, I am not doing it for the fame and stats anyway.  But fame is cool, so if you feel like it, kindly leave me iTunes reviews on the new feed at the Hollywood G.P.S.  and subscribe again.

I think that is it for now...

Raef "HD" Granger











No comments:

Post a Comment